- The Executive Committee shall mean the Board of Directors of the Association and shall consist of:
- Vice President
- Director at Large
- Past President
- Each officer shall be elected for a two (2) year term, elected by the membership at the Fall meeting of the Association in even numbered years.
- The Executive Committee shall have full control and management of the business and affairs of the Association, subject to the Bylaws or directions given to it by a majority vote at any general meeting.
- The Executive Committee shall transact the business of the Association, including policy matters, arrange meetings of the Association, study and refer matters of interest to the Association, and perform other duties as may be required to fulfill the Association’s goals and objectives.
- The President shall, when present, preside at all meetings of the Association and the Executive Committee.
- The President shall, at each general meeting, report on the activities of the Association and matters of interest to members.
- The Vice President shall fulfill the duties of the President during his/her absence or inability.
- The Secretary-Treasurer shall receive and disburse all monies of the Association, undertake all banking functions, account for all revenues and expenditures and provide an annual financial statement for consideration by the Membership.
- The host community will endeavour to provide clerical services, record all of the Association’s decisions and invoice the Association for the costs incurred in this regard.
- The Secretary-Treasurer shall provide safekeeping of all Association records.
Director at Large
- The Director at Large shall assist the Executive Committee in the day-to-day operations of the Association, as well as in special projects, as may be required.
- The Past – President shall assist the Executive Committee in day-to-day operations of the Association, as well as in special projects, as may be required, providing continuity and background information to the Executive Committee.
Two (2) general meetings will be scheduled for each calendar year, being a Spring and Fall meeting.
The spring meetings will alternate between north and south communities, in the following rotation, whenever possible, with a decision on the date and location of the meeting to be made at the fall meeting immediately prior.
The fall meetings will alternate between Saskatoon and Regina whenever possible, with a decision on the date and location of the meeting to be made at the spring meeting immediately prior.
Notwithstanding this, the President shall call additional meetings at his/her discretion or at the request of three (3) Active members in good standing.
A quorum shall be a majority of cities, that is, one-half (½) of the cities holding membership, plus one (1).
The signing officers for the Association shall be any two of the following three Executive Members. The President, Vice-President and the Secretary-Treasurer.
- Retiring/Departing Members
- Retiring/departing members of the Association shall be recognized with life membership awarded at a meeting, along with a Gift Card in the following amount:
1 to 5 Years Service:$50.006 to 10 Years Service:$75.00Over 10 Years Service:$100.00
Amended June 6, 2014
- Long Service Members of the Association who have provided at least ten (10) years of service to the Association shall be recognized with a Professionally inscribed plaque recognizing their service as a Professional in the Association.
- Awards or gifts for the recognition of dedicated service or special achievements shall be presented as deemed appropriate by the Executive Committee.
- In recognition of service rendered to a Municipality and the Association, a member who dies while holding office will be commemorated as may be deemed appropriate by the Executive Committee.
- The death of a previous member shall be recognized by the Association as may be deemed appropriate by the Executive Committee.
The Bylaws may be amended by a majority vote of Active members at any duly called meeting of the Association.
The Association Bylaws of October 13, 2005 are hereby repealed.
Adopted this 30th day of April, 2009.