- Active Membership
- All persons currently employed to fulfill some or all of the functions of a City Clerk as provided for in The Cities Act. This shall include City Clerks, Assistant City Clerks, Deputy City Clerks, Legislative Corporate Services, other employees of the Urban Municipality, which the Clerk or designate may wish to include, and other comparable municipal officials. All Members in good standing as provided for in Section 3 – Membership Fees – shall have the right to hold office and vote on all matters presented to the Association.
- Honourary Membership
- Minister responsible for municipal affairs.
- Other individual who has made a significant contribution to the aims and objectives of the Association, however, does not otherwise qualify for a membership.
- Honourary Membership is granted upon approval by a resolution passed at a meeting of the Association.
- Honourary members shall have the right to attend a portion of all meetings and functions of the Association, but shall not hold office in the Association nor vote on matters brought before the Association.
- Associate Membership
- Persons employed to fulfill similar duties with Urban Municipalities (large Towns) that have not obtained City status.
- Designate from UMAAS.
- Returning Officers and Election Officials.
- Employees from the Department responsible for municipal affairs.
- Persons from outside of the Province of Saskatchewan who are currently employed as City Clerks, Assistant City Clerks, Deputy City Clerks, Legislative and Corporate Services or any other employees as may be designated to perform similar functions.
- Associate members will have the right to attend a portion of all meetings and functions of the Association, but shall not hold office in the Association nor vote on matters brought before the Association.
- Life Membership
- Awarded to any member in good standing who retires from the profession or changes duties or careers after ten (10) years.
- Life membership is granted upon approval by the Executive Committee.
- Life members shall have the right to attend a portion of all meetings and functions of the Association, but shall not hold office in the Association nor vote on matters brought before the Association.
Any member wishing to withdraw from membership may do so on written notice to the Secretary-Treasurer.
A member may be expelled from membership for any cause, which the Association may deem reasonable upon a unanimous vote of the Association.
Membership shall be conditional upon the annual membership fee being paid, which fee shall be set by the membership at any meeting where the item has been placed on the agenda.
Annual membership fees shall be for the period January 1st to December 31st of each year.
The annual membership fee is due and payable no later than May 1st of any given year.
There shall be no pro-rating of fees.
Fees as Follows:
As amended May 6, 2010
A member in good standing may invite a guest to be in attendance at any of the Association’s meetings for a portion or all of the meeting as the agenda dictates.
Guests attending on a regular basis will be encouraged to prescribe to the appropriate membership category.